Thank you for entrusting your child with us on a Friday. We believe in, and value young people and see our role as coming alongside young people to help them to grow and develop in all that we believe they are called to be.
- Staff Oversight – Our Youth Pastor, Jackson, and our Junior High Pastor, Alyssa are paid staff members who oversee all Horizon Youth programs and their safety. Not only are Jackson and Alyssa two of the best role models for your child to have, they have both been trained in event management, safety procedures, first aid and mental health first aid.
- Volunteer Leaders – Horizon Youth is overseen by over 50 volunteer leaders who are over 18 years old. They are young adults who are passionate about supporting young people and being good role models to guide them through their teenage years. They all have their N.S.W Working With Children’s Check.
- Check-in – We have a check-in system for all young people who attend on a Friday night. Your child will fill out a new person sheet when they arrive for the first time, so that we can send you all the relevant safety info when they attend, and so that we have your contact details in case of an emergency.
- First Aid – First Aid Officers are rostered each Friday night.
- A.C.C Safer Churches Policy – Horizon Church and all of its departments are governed by the A.C.C Safer Churches Policy and all volunteers are trained in ‘Safer Churches’.
For any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us below. We are so excited that to meet your teenager!