Force is legitimately the greatest place for a young person in years 6-8 at school, to be! It is an exciting, crazy, electric, passionate Friday night, drug and alcohol free program (party)! But more than that, it is a family of Junior High Students who know what it is to live life to the fullest and who welcome and believe in every young person and their purpose. We meet every Friday from 6:30-9pm at our church in Sutherland, 7 Stapleton Ave.
We believe that every young person has the potential to live their best life. The meaning of our name “FORCE” is a declaration that together we are stronger and can achieve greater things then what we ever could alone, or without God. It doesn’t matter how you walk in, you will walk out feeling hope, having met some of the greatest people in the world and making some of the best memories you’ve ever had.
During our Friday Night program, you can expect:
· Hang Time (rad music, mini-games, mini-dinners, skateboarding, basketball, everyone hanging and chatting about their weeks)
· Tribal Wars (epic game between teams that includes everyone)
· Praise and Worship (live band and crazy fun mosh pit)
· Hosting (all your favourite segments, funny games, food challenges)
· Fuel Time (where we give generously to fuel the vision of Horizon Youth)
· Preaching (a bible based, motivational message that is ALWAYS brought by passionate, funny, relevant and super relatable preachers)
· Life Group (where we break off into smaller groups of around 10 people, by age and gender, with a specific youth leader and the Friday night ‘crowd’ becomes your closest crew who do life together)
We also run Force AM which is our Junior High program on a Sunday morning during our 8:30am & 10:30am church service. In Force AM we head out to the park, play games, have fun and bring a positive, bible-based message from one of our amazing youth leaders. In our 6pm Sunday service we all gather down the front for praise and worship, sit together during the service and hang out and eat in the foyer after.
We can’t wait to meet you.
– Alyssa Searles, Junior High Pastor