COVID Update (25th September 2020)
WE ARE BACK!
We have loved having Youth back on a Friday night, especially after an extended and unprecedented season, we are loving coming together as a Youth ministry every Friday night. Like most activities in the community that are starting to re-engage, there are guidelines we must adhere to in order to maintain a safe environment for our Youth ministry and the broader community.
FORCE (Junior High Years 6-8) – 5:30pm-7:00pm
CHOSEN (Senior High Years 9-12) – 7:30pm-9:00pm
NSW Health guidelines recommend wearing face masks whilst attending worship services. As such, you will see our staff and volunteer team wearing face masks as of Friday night 7th August.
Horizon Youth strongly recommends that students also wear masks. Masks can be purchased from supermarkets, chemists, Bunnings, and convenience stores. There are also reusable masks available to order with Horizon Youth merch.
Horizon Church (and Horizon Youth) has been approved as a “COVID Safe Business”. Our staff have completed the Australian Government Department of Health COVID-19 Infection Control Training and our volunteers have been trained in our COVID Safe Practices.
The following precautions have been taken to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all who attend Horizon Youth and our broader community:
- We have appointed and trained a COVID Safe Team who have been managing our COVID Safe Response. These team members will be easily identifiable on-site during both programs wearing their high-vis blue vests.
- We’ve undertaken a review of our processes to ensure we are demonstrating excellence in our church environment.
- The cleaning frequency has been increased and our venue will receive a thorough clean with hospital grade disinfectant in-between every age group.
- Our programs will be limited to 100 people, per program, as per NSW Health guidelines.
- There will be no printed materials, offering containers passed around during the program.
- Our leaders will be maintaining good social distancing practices so will be avoiding hand to hand contact and hugs. But not to worry, we will be there to greet you with a warm smile, a big wave or even a foot bump!
- Hand sanitiser stations have been installed at our main entry & exit points and sanitiser is readily available right throughout the building so please make use of it!
- Any activities that are usually a part of our program that do not fit within our COVID Safe plan, e.g. Hangtime and The Afterparty, have been paused for the foreseeable future.
To maintain a safe worship environment, we kindly ask that if any of the following apply to you, please do not attend the service:
- If you feel unwell or are experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 (eg: fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, sneezing/runny nose or loss of sense of smell);
- If you have COVID-19 or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test;
- If you have been in close contact with any known or suspected cases of COVID-19 in the past 14 days;
- If you have returned from overseas travel in the past 14 days.